Kemper Development Company plans to add 2 million square feet of office, hotel, retail, dining and residential space to The Bellevue Collection , bolstering its reputation as a super-regional shopping destination. Construction is set to begin next year and be completed by fall, 2016.
The Bellevue Collection currently draws 22 million shoppers from a six-state region and Canada to its property every year. Kemper Freeman, CEO, says consumer demand for luxury brands has never been higher. Retail sales at The Bellevue Collection have increased over the last 48 months and there has been a consistent increase in high net-worth people moving to the area thanks to companies like Microsoft and Expedia. Freeman believes now is the time.
“Bellevue and the entire Eastside community have come a long way since my father, Kemper Freeman, Sr. first opened Bellevue Square more than 65 years ago, serving a sparse population of 25,000 residents,” says Freeman. “Our family business continues to be guided by a customer-centric approach to development and a strong commitment to the many businesses and customers we serve.”
- Three more acres are being developed, for a total of 50 and 2 million additional square feet of Bellevue Collection offerings.
- 3,700 more parking spaces will be added to the current 10,000 already there.
- A new boutique hotel will be built, with about 250 guest rooms and suites.
- Currently there are 148 residential units. After construction there will be more than 600, complete with park and lake views and a rooftop garden.
- A new sky bridge will be added, for a total of three connecting all the properties – Bellevue Square, Lincoln Center and Bellevue Place.
- There will be more office space thanks to a 31-story office tower and event and meeting spaces.
- More street-front retail and dining selections.