Recipe by Kirsten Helle
This is a good base recipe for super crispy, super tender baked and gluten-free chicken you’d think was fried!
- Assorted pieces of chicken. About six pieces. (Bone-in will take longer to cook than boneless breast meat.)
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon fine Kosher/sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked with 1/4 cup water
- Avocado oil, or high quality olive oil pan spray
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare your chicken by patting dry with paper towels. Set up your breading stations; Place the flour and seasonings in a large bag or bowl. Place the egg/water mixture in a large bowl next to the flour and finally place a large oiled baking sheet next to the egg mixture. Toss the chicken into the flour mixture (1-2 pieces at a time), then into the egg mixture, back into the flour mixture (shake off excess) and then finally on to the baking sheet. Spray the top of the chicken with avocado oil in an oil mister, or use a high quality olive oil pan spray, preferably organic. Bake until the bottom is golden brown and crispy, about 15 minutes, and then carefully turn the chicken pieces. Cook until deep golden brown and crispy and the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Enjoy!