Blu Homes introduces The Glidehouse as the 425’s Northwest Idea House for 2014. Located on beautiful Vashon Island, The Glidehouse features soaring ceilings, walls of glass that bring the outdoors in, luxury finishes and integrated high-performance technologies for convenient and comfortable living. This idyllic retreat features two structures, the main Glidehouse and the guest Glidepod. The home was specifically designed to capture the stunning views of Mount Rainier and Puget Sound. The home’s interior design will be done by Nichole Jacobson of Jacobson Interior Design.
Want to see The Glidehouse, 425’s Northwest Idea House for 2014, for yourself? The magazine is partnering with Blu Homes for an open-house event on Aug. 2.
Five Reasons to Visit Vashon
- Enjoy a delicious date night dinner at May’s Kitchen + Bar. This 5-star Thai restaurant is one of Vashon’s best kept secrets and has customers coming back for more. Make sure you try one of the signature cocktails along with your meal, such as the refreshing cucumber kazi. 17614 Vashon Hwy S.W.; Open 5pm-9:30pm.
- Bring the kids and have a fun picnic at Ober Park. Tucked within gorgeous tall trees is a perfect sized playground for your little ones. Bring your favorite quilt, some snacks and enjoy the last few weeks of our Pacific Northwest summer. 17130 Vashon Hwy. S.W.
- View the Sound via kayak at Jensen Point Park. Kayak rentals start as low as $20/hour and if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, rent a stand-up paddle board for $15/hour. Rental hours are from 11am-8pm. If going out on the water isn’t for you, wading the water along the shore and the comfortable grassy areas make for the perfect relaxation spot. Don’t forget the sunscreen! 8900 S.W. Harbor Drive, Burton, WA
- Shop at the Vashon Farmers Market and support local businesses. Exercise all of your senses as you visit each booth. Experience the best of the best island-grown produce, wine, homemade food, as well as arts and crafts. Open 10am-2pm. 17505 Vashon Hwy. S.W.
- Come visit the beautiful 2014 Northwest Idea House, sponsored by Blu Homes. With its stunning views of Mount Rainier and Puget Sound, this luxurious space will surely make you feel right at home. While you’re there, be sure to enter our raffle! The free admission open-house event runs this Saturday, August 2nd from 10am-6pm. 8605 SW Dilworth Road
About Blu Homes
Blu Homes builds to the highest green standards and is the leading provider of premium prefab homes in North America. The company’s goal is to help families build the home of their dreams. You can select your favorite home design from Blu Homes, and in as little as six months, your dream home becomes a reality, all at a fixed and transparent price. Blu Homes employs experts in architecture and design who use applied technologies and state-of-the-art machinery to help custom fit your home to your property and completely build it in-factory. The home is shipped to your property and is completed on-site. Read more at Blu Homes.