Crème Fraîche Strawberry Bourbon Shake
Flavor profile: strawberry, bourbon, salted caramel, crème fraîche and pretzel. This cool treat is the perfect mix between a sundae and boozy shake.
- ½ cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ounce Oola bourbon
- 3 scoops crème fraîche gelato from Snoqualmie Ice Cream
- ¼ cup cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup crushed pretzels
- ¼ cup good salted caramel sauce. We used Snoqualmie Ice Cream’s signature from its scoop shop!
- Blend the strawberries and sugar to make a purée and set aside.
- Blend the crème fraîche gelato, salt and cream.
- To assemble the sundae-shake, pour the strawberry purée into the bottom of a glass, then add half of the caramel. Sprinkle half of the crunched-up pretzels over the caramel. Pour the ice cream over the top, drizzle the remaining caramel and sprinkle the remaining pretzels over the top. Fresh whipped cream is a nice touch as well.
Chilly Hot Chocolate Shake
Flavor Profile: Dark chocolate, Grand Marnier, orange and habanero
- 3 scoops Snoqualmie Ice Cream Co. Mukilteo Mud Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup cream
- Zest of one orange
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier, or orange liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- Whipped cream and candied orange zest, optional
- Pour cream, salt and orange zest into a small sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for 5-10 minutes. The longer you steep the cream, the spicier it will become. Depending on how hot you want your shake, you’re welcome to split the end of the pepper; this allows the heat to perfume the cream thoroughly. Like less kick? Don’t cut the pepper. After 10 minutes, discard the pepper and allow cream to cool. (I prefer to chill it.)
- In a blender combine the cool cream, and the rest of the ingredients. Blend until it’s a thick, creamy shake. Pour into chilled glasses and top with fresh whipped cream, dark chocolate and/or orange zest!
Espresso Ice Cream Float
Flavor Profile: Espresso, coffee liqueur, cream
Floats aren’t just for soda anymore!
- 3 scoops Snoqualmie Ice Cream Co. Espresso ice cream
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 ounce Kahlua, or coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 cold shots of espresso
- Pour 1 ounce of coffee liqueur or Kahlua into the bottom of chilled glass. Put three big scoops of Snoqualmie Espresso ice cream into the glass. Pour cream over the ice cream then finish with espresso shot.