The Washington State Fair in Puyallup is expanding its dates this year – kicking off on the Friday of Labor Day weekend with an end-of-summer bash. Party like you are in paradise with the flavors and sounds of the tropics, and dance to a free concert by the Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band. You can purchase tickets to a preshow tropical party at thefair.com. Some other cool highlights this year include:
- Meet superheroes like Captain America and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- A new Grand Wheel ride that reaches 108 feet high.
- The expanded Timber Gulch area that allows people to step back in time to the 1890s. See the post office, sheriffís office and more in the Pacific Northwest Frontier Town. Make flour, churn butter, and feel like a pioneer.
- New food options include Branks BBQ and Original House of Donuts. Fall is the only time you can get an Earthquake Burger.
- For an extra $6, kids can enter the Discover Dinosaurs walk-through exhibit, where they will see dinos, pan for fossils, and more.
Check out the website for special deals and transportation options.